Serves 16 (1 protein ball each) Prep Time: 20 min
1 cup pitted dates, warm water
1/2 cup raw pecan halves or pecan pieces
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, reserve small amount for garnish
1 tsp pure maple extract or hazelnut (I ordered mine on Amazon and used Maple)
1 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Place dates in a medium bowl; cover with warm water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Place pecans in food processor; pulse until finely ground.
- Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; pulse until well mixed. Place in medium bowl. Refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls; roll in reserved coconut if desired.
- Store, refrigerated, in airtight container.
21 Day Fix Container count per serving: 1/2 yellow, 1/2 tsp